Since posting about HITCHED’s release date, I’ve received several questions. I thought it would be easiest to post here as opposed to answering the same question over-and-over again.
- I really liked (loved) Fletch. Is he in this book?
While this book is Ellie’s story, Fletch plays a prominent roll.
- Why are you calling it a companion book and not a sequel? This book can stand alone, unlike a sequel. However, the emotions, jokes, and characters will be more vivid if you’ve read CRUSHED first.
- Is Brady in this book? Does he make any speeches? Yes and yes.
- What’s the heat factor? CRUSHED had a few racier scenes that faded to black for the most part. HITCHED, however, has more raw and graphic sex scenes.
- Why did you age everyone up five years? I felt we needed to catch up with the crew after they lived a little. Plus, it worked for the story I wanted to tell.
That’s all I have for you, but feel free to send more questions my way. I can’t wait to share HITCHED with you!
Finally! I can share the cover of HITCHED with you! But first, the cover blurb:
Life hasn’t been easy for twenty-three year old Ellie Jacobs since her boyfriend, Fletch, walked out of her life two years earlier. She’s stuck in a consulting job she hates, buried under crushing student loans, and still longing for Fletch despite her best efforts to leave the past behind.
Letting go is hard when everywhere she turns, there’s a reminder of Fletch – from his face on gossip magazines to everyone being obsessed with his company, GroundFloor.
So when Ellie finds herself at a mutual friend’s wedding with Fletch, she decides to grin and bear it for the sake of the bride and groom. But years of anger have piled up, and Ellie doesn’t know if she can last the weekend without going crazy or lashing out.
However, as the wedding weekend progresses, Ellie realizes anger can only take you so far, but love can take you farther.
And the cover:
I love it. We wanted something similar to CRUSHED, and I think this nails it.
If you’re interested, you can pre-order HITCHED on Amazon and Kobo.
HITCHED releases April 14, 2015.