I’ve put together a list of questions to help facilitate book club discussions. If your book club would like to chat with me via video, please email me at email@example.com. This is a free chat I do specifically for book clubs.
- If you were in the Fletch’s position, how would you respond to Calista in the early part of the book? What about later on?
- How did Fletch’s view of his parents change over the course of the book? Do you think his new views are valid?
- Drinking and sex are prominent parts of Fletch’s life. Do you think this was accurately portrayed? Why or why not?
- Fletch often caves to others’ expectations. Pick a scene where you would have acted differently and explain why.
- How are Calista and Ellie similar? How are they different? Do you feel that Fletch chose the right girl?
- At the end of CRUSHED, Fletch makes a difficult decision about his future. Would you ever delay a dream or goal the way he did? Why or why not?
- Fletch treats girls very poorly in the beginning of the book. What is an example of his changing attitudes towards girls? If you think he has changed, what do you feel is the biggest contributing factor to this change? If you think he hasn’t changed, explain why.
- If you could change something about CRUSHED, what would it be and why?